Friday, May 25, 2007

Oh, ****! (Or: The Perils of Relocating Interstate)

I just collected Ben's car from the depot and it is now safely nestled in the building's secure carpark. We nearly lost the bloody thing, though...

It turns out that the transport company's depot also happens to be an auction house. And due to a bit of confusion on the part of the depot staff, our car (including Genevieve's car seat) was *this* close to being sold. They had it up on the block and were just about to kick things off when a frantic phone call came through from reception telling the auctioneer to call the whole thing off. I kind of wish that they hadn't told me about it. O_O

The upside of the whole incident is that our car is freshly detailed and sparkling clean.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I honestly laughed myself silly when I saw this!