Thursday, June 21, 2007

*headdesk*

The el cheapo washing machine in our apartment decided to crap itself today right after I filled it up with a load of nappies and most of Genevieve's warm clothes.

It just about sent me off the deep end. I kicked that useless bastard as hard as I could without actually denting it and punched the plastic lid several times whilst pretending to be Gene Hunt kicking in a nonce (go watch Life on Mars if you don't know what I'm on about).

The string of expletives that are on the tip of my tongue at the moment is not suitable for a family-oriented blog, so I'm just going to stop typing RIGHT NOW.

1 comment:

Elli said...

Ours died (read: lurched forward with explosive clunk) halfway through washing a tablecloth and then wouldn't reset. Naturally, the warranty is way past expiry. Most annoying, when we were trying to wash things ready for a trip away!
Luckily it turned out to be only a $17 part, and the call-out was only $60 (Steve picked the smallest ad in the phone book)

How very good (and addictive) is Life On Mars! But then, I love a good Brit cop show!