Tuesday, June 5, 2007

It is well with my soul

Having my faith challenged or denigrated (often in an overly hostile manner) is nothing new to me. However, when it is done by someone who is considered a close family friend, it can be hard to swallow... especially when they expect their own beliefs to be respected.

But you know what?

I am who I am. Being a Christian is a huge part of my life, and I'm not going to apologise for it. If you push me, my resolve and faith in God will only be strengthened. It's okay for me to get cranky, because Christians aren't supposed to be wishy-washy doormats or fence-sitters; we're supposed to be fiery and passionate about God's love for us.

It's time for me to grow up and hop off that awful fence which I've been clinging to for way too long. The palings are starting to dig into my bum.

No comments: